Federal Volunteer Service

The Federal Volunteer Service within the city of Eberswalde is structured in a variety of ways and offers interesting fields of work for committed people.

Where can I get involved?

The Fields of application include supportive activities in projects that are oriented towards the common good, in social and ecological areas, in culture and monument preservation, as well as in the areas of education, administration and integration.

We offer:

  • 35h week
  • monthly pocket money
  • Social insurance (health, unemployment, pension, long-term care insurance)
  • up to 25 training days
  • 30 days holiday
  • educational support
  • professional support and instruction
  • Certificate of employment

Who can do a Federal Volunteer Service?

All citizens who have completed their compulsory schooling can complete the Federal Volunteer Service: Young people after school, middle-aged people and senior citizens. Age, gender, nationality or type of school-leaving qualification are irrelevant.

The Federal Volunteer is involved in a fixed range of tasks at our various workplaces according to their interests, abilities and skills, taking into account previous knowledge and experience if necessary.

For how long do I have to commit myself?

The standard duration is 12 months. However, the service can also be shortened to 6 months or extended to 18 months, with a maximum possible service period of 24 months. People over the age of 27 can also work part-time (more than 20 hours per week).

As part of the Federal Volunteer Service, participants attend several seminars, which also take place outside the city centre. The Federal Volunteer Service is remunerated with pocket money.

If you would like to apply as a volunteer, you can find the relevant form here Application form.


How do I apply?

To apply for the Federal Volunteer Service with the City of Eberswalde, please use the following form Application form.

Please complete the application form and send it together with your CV, certificates and references to: g.vohse@eberswalde.de

Or by post to:

City of Eberswalde
Federal Volunteer Service
Poratzstrasse 75
16225 Eberswalde